Here are some of the top FREE mini-courses
- Know Your Wool - Do you wonder where your yarn comes from? Learn about different types of wool and the individual characteristics of each.
- The Hand Painted Cake - Elevate your cake with Erin Schaefgen's freehand painting techniques. Create beautiful and edible works of art with Erin's tips and tricks.
- Creative Quilt Backs - Make the back of your quilt just as interesting as the front! Oh, Fransson! blog author Elizabeth Hartman walks you through everything you need to know to make beautiful quilt backs.
- Modern Buttercream - Learn to use buttercream like a pro! Discover the tricks and tips to construct and create a beautifully finished buttercream cake.
- Short Rows - Don't fall short because you find short rows intimidating! Learn four different techniques to creating short rows, and discover how they can make shaping a knitted garment a snap.
- Sewing Machine 911 - Give your sewing machine some TLC with the help of this free course. Learn to clean and maintain your sewing machine with tips and tricks taught in this class.
- QuiltCon Lecture Series 2013 - Not able to make it to Austin for the Modern Quilt Guild's inaugural QuiltCon? Watch some of our favorite lectures from the event, given by Heather Jones, Angela Walters, David and Amy Butler, Jacquie Gering, and Mary Fons.
- Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch - When you're looking for a quick, fun project that won't break the bank or tax your nerves, turn to Kristin Link's Bag-Making Basics: Reversible Tote & Zipper Pouch. In this absolutely free class, the founder of the popular website Sew,Mama,Sew! guides you through the process of creating two handy and attractive bags that make great gifts - if you can bear to give them away!
- Bag-Making Basics: Drawstring Bag & Bucket Bag - Here are two projects easy enough for kids to try but equally satisfying for accomplished sewists. In this free class, Kristin Link of Sew, Mama, Sew! will guide you step-by-step through the creation of two super-handy and pretty bags that you can embellish with embroidery, rubber-stamping and more.